Temple University Libraries staff are constantly asking themselves how to make our collections more accessible, how we can make it easier to get help when it’s needed, and how to help our students and faculty find what they need when they need it. To that end we create numerous research guides, a general user guide to the Libraries, lists of our subject specialists who can answer your questions and even a special guide to computing at the Libraries.
Great stuff, right. But we never rest on our laurels. We are always trying to come up with that next great way to help our community members.
Introducing our new “Getting Started at Temple University Libraries” guide. We’ve distilled the most essential questions and answers into a single, simple guide.
It covers just six things: (1) How do i find a book? (2) How do i find articles? (3) What are the hours? (4) How do i view my account? (5) Where are the study spaces? (6) How can i get more help?
It looks like this:
This is our new Getting Started guide
This is the reverse side of the new quick guide
You can pick up one of these new guides at most of our library service desks. If you have any feedback about our new guide, please let us know.
The start of the new fall 2012 semester is a good time to remind Temple University students and faculty about the top 10 reasons to use the library. And we know that everyone can never get enough of top 10 lists, so here we go:
- Research tips for your majors and courses (go to our “Sources For Courses“)
- We’ve got one search box to rule them all (try our Summon Search)
- Books smell good. Like the smell of books. This is your kind of place.
- We know Philly! The Urban Archives is THE resource for photos, maps, manuscripts and more..
- Wireless Access. You can get wireless connectivity – and – borrow an iPad too!
- Escape the Dorms. Lots of quiet study spaces here.
- Online resources anywhere, anytime. Over 600 searchable databases, millions of e-books, streaming media resources and more.
- Never type a bibliography again. Learn how to use Refworks and the auto-citation formatting features of our research databases. Need help? Ask a librarian.
- Over 10,000 videos to watch. Stop by the Media Services Desk to learn more.
- Research help when YOU need it! Text! Live Chat! Email! Phone! One-on-One!
Not sure where to start? Download a copy of our 2012 Guide to Using the Library – and keep it with you at all times.
Be like the wise Library Owl. Know your Temple Libraries.