While things look a little different at Temple this fall, the Libraries are committed to providing you with important resources, materials, and services as you embark on a new semester.
If you plan to visit us in person, we encourage you to check our website for the latest information on what to expect when visiting our library locations. And whether you are on campus or off, we are here for you with:
One-on-one research help
Librarians are here to offer personalized assistance as you work on your research papers and projects. No matter what you are studying or what major you pursue, we have a librarian who specializes in your field.
Access to collections
We provide access to a broad range of physical and online materials—from books, databases, and journals to ebooks, archival materials, and movies—all searchable through our website: library.temple.edu.
If you are looking for fully online materials, we have highlighted those on our website.
Online learning opportunities
The Libraries are more than just a place for books! We host specialized online learning opportunities, such as workshops on everything from writing a winning conference abstract to copyright basics to 3D printing. We have a full slate of workshops scheduled for the fall around the theme of change and action, and we hope you’ll join us.
And check out our Beyond the Page public programming series, which is going virtual this semester with a variety of readings, concerts, conversations, and more.
As always, our events and workshops are free and open to all.
Here are a few more tips to help you start the new school year off right:
- If you are interested in making use of the Libraries’ advanced equipment and technology, you can still visit the Loretta C. Duckworth Scholars Studio in Charles Library and the Innovation Space at Ginsburg Health Sciences Library—just be sure to make an appointment ahead of time.
- Once you’ve scoped out your syllabi, head over to our comprehensive Research Guides for each of your course subjects, as well as our How Do I…? guides for help with basic tasks and services.
- Looking for a place to study? We offer a variety of open study seating options, though in reduced capacity this fall to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. You can also book study rooms at Charles Library ahead of time, and read about available study rooms at the Ginsburg Health Sciences Library before your visit.
- Take advantage of the Libraries’ laptop lending program and charging options, and look into Temple’s Print on the Go service for all your printing needs.
- More questions? Start with our library tutorials, undergraduate user guide, and graduate user guide.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for even more library news and updates.