This Friday, June 19th, the new Simmy and Harry Ginsburg Health Sciences Library will open its doors to the health sciences community at Temple. Located in the New Medical Education and Research Building, this stunning new facility offers a centralized location for the resources and services formerly found at the Kresge and South Branch Libraries. The process of closing our old facilities and opening a new one has been complex, and we must truncate services for this week only.
Please keep in mind the following while accessing library services and resources over the course of this week:
- Kresge Library is closing as of Wednesday, June 17th.
- The only library facility that will be open on Wednesday, June 17th and Thursday, June 18th, is the South Branch Library, which will offer the following services:
- Book Requests and Paging: requested materials will be acquired from any point in the relocation path. Once the material is retrieved, patrons will be contacted by telephone or email. If, for some reason, the material cannot be found quickly, library staff will request it on interlibrary loan
- Reference services
- Thirteen computer workstations for patron use
- The Simmy and Harry Ginsburg Health Sciences Library and South Branch Library will be open concurrently from June 19th through June 26th.
- As of Friday, June 26th, South Library will be closed and all health sciences services and resources will be available at the Simmy and Harry Ginsburg Health Science Library, located at Broad and Tioga Streets.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we look forward to seeing you in our new library. If you have any concerns about the move of the Health Sciences Libraries or need special assistance during the move please contact either Mark Allen Taylor, Library Director, at ext. 2-2402 or any member of the Health Sciences Library staff at ext. 2-book.