Honors and Awards: 2009-2018
- Temple University Globalization Grant, Project title: “Temple in the Caribbean: Premise and Projection for Future”
- Temple University, Presidential Award, Project title: “From Harlem to Pittsburgh: Mapping African American Authors, Narrating Their Stories”
- Temple University, Study Leave, Sabbatical, Fall 2018.
- Temple University, CHAT, Inter-disciplinary Research Group, Grant, 2016- 2017
- Temple University, Global Studies Program, Grant, Spring 2016
- Temple University, Excellence in DAAAS, Faculty Distinction Recognition, Spring 2016
- Pennsylvania Black Caucus Citation and Award, “Preservation of Pennsylvania History: Underground Railroad Conference, 11th Year”
- J.Howard Wert Award, “History of Abolitionism in Gettysburg”
- Academic Consultant, Mercer Museum, Pennsylvania Humanities Council-funded project, “Museum Theater Performance Development on Civil War and the Underground Railroad.” (2011-2012).
- Temple University Study Leave, (Sabbatical), Fall Semester, 2010.
- Temple University, Community Based Learning Teaching Circle (CBL) Award, January, 2010. Title: “In Our City of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia’s Contribution to History of Freedom” Supervisors: Eli Goldblatt and Pamela Barnett.
- Commonwealth Speaker, Pennsylvania Humanities Council, 1994-2009;
- Temple University, CLA/CHAT Humanities Fellowship 2009.
Selected Media Interviews and Panels:
“60 seconds by Bob Greenberg,” May 2017.
Azuka Theater, Philadelphia, September 22, 2013, “Dutch Masters.”
Media-Interview NBC 10 News, October 24, 2011
“Turkey in the News: People and Beyond” with Katy Zachry. Anchor, NBC.
Media Interview (In-person): December 2010, 2011
Corinne Castro, Ph.D. Candidate, Sociology Department. Recorded. “Women of Color Navigating the Academy: The Discursive Power of Professionalism.”
Interview, June 13, 2010, Philadelphia Inquirer, “Fuller Takes His Civil-rights Focus to a New Genre.”