Selected research papers presented at selected professional meetings and conferences:
- March 20, 2016, Hartford, CT: “Iconization of Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin in 19th Century,” Northeast Modern Language Association
- March 21-24, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts, NeMLA 44th Annual Conference: Paper Presenter and Roundtable Chair
Section: Women’s Studies and African American Literature
Paper Title: “Her Word as Witness: Narrating Self-Preservation, Identity and Freedom in Nineteenth Century Women’s Literature.”
- March 21-24, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts, NeMLA 44th Annual Conference:
Paper Presenter; Section: American/African American Literature
“ ‘But Egypt is in Africa’: Frederick Douglass and David Walker on Civilizational Agency.”
- March 15-18, 2012 Rochester, New York, NeMLA 43rd Annual Conference:
Paper Title: “‘Right is of No Sex’: Legacy of Frederick Douglass on Rochester’s Circle of Women Abolitionists.”
- March 1-3, 2012 Yonkers, New York, Sarah Lawrence College, “Arts and Activism,” Paper Title: “Anti-Slavery Activism and Fund-Raising Among New York Abolitionists.”
- “Journeys and Journals of the Migrating Self from North Africa,” NeMLA 42nd Annual Convention, New Brunswick, NJ. April 7-10, 2011.
- “The Coming of Age Stories in Fictional Worlds of James Baldwin and Ralph Ellison” Montreal, Quebec, Canada; April 7-11, 2010. NeMLA 41st Annual Convention.
- “Pride, Prejudice and Dissent; Abolitionist Attitudes towards Colonization in 19th Century” Philadelphia, March 24-27, 2010, 42nd Annual Liberian Studies Association Conference.
- “Transformation and Transference in Elif Safak’s Novels”, Boston, February 26-28, 2009, NeMLA 40th Anniversary Convention.
- “Through an Epic Journey: East Meets West in Istanbul”, Atlanta, January 29-31, 2009, Alliances Conference, Kennesaw State University, Georgia.