It is the ambition of this group to understand chemical reactions, one molecule at a time, with spatial and temporal resolution sufficient to resolve the making and breaking of individual bonds. We look forward to the day when we will be able to visualize how energy, localized in one part of a single molecule, redistributes itself to other parts of the molecule and to its surroundings. We have a dream that we will build supra-molecular structures by simply mixing the precursors together and allowing them to self-assemble in a predetermined manner. The realization of these dreams requires that we understand interfacial and nanoscale phenomena at a fundamental level. This journey will change the way that we think about chem.
The objective of this research program is to advance our understanding of interfacial science and to develop technical abilities so that we can address the challenges posed by these dreams.
– Congratulations to Isabella Goodenough for receiving the North American Thermal Analysis Society (NATAS) best student paper award! Her work will be presented at the 2021 NATAS National Conference.
– Congratulations to Isabella Goodenough for receiving the 2021 Coblentz Society Student Award!
– Congratulations to Parisa Yasini for successfully defending her dissertation! Congratulations, Doctor – we’ll miss you here at the Borguet Group!
– Congratulations to Isabella Goodenough for receiving a Doctoral Dissertation Completion grant for the Fall 2021 term! Keep up the good work!
– Congratulations to Datta Devulapalli on his recent publication making the Front Cover! His recently-published study in Metal-Organic Frameworks was featured on the front cover of Dalton Transactions (Volume 50, Issue 9)! Keep up the good work!
– Congratulations to Isabella Goodenough on receiving the Daniel Swern Award for Outstanding Research for the 2019-2020 Academic Year! Keep up the good work!
– Congratulations to Ryan McDonnell, Binh-An Nguyen, Jordan Wenning, and Dr. Eric Borguet on receiving an award from the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee for the Diversity Innovation Initiatives Fund for their project: “Advocating for Underrepresented Groups in STEM Communities at Temple University”. Keep up the good work!