Our work has addressed issues regarding obesity stigma and also the relationship between gender and eating disordered behavior. Our most recent clinical trial using imaging recruited primarily African-American women. Our recent work also examines racial diversity in neuroimaging studies.
- *Eneva, KT, *Murray, S, *Yiu, A, *O’Garro-Moore, J, Alloy, LB, Avena, NM, Chen EY (2017). Reward and Punishment Sensitivity and Disordered Eating Behaviors in Men and Women. The Journal of Eating Disorders. 16;5:6. doi: 10.1186/s40337-017-0138-2.
- *Fettich, KC, & Chen, EY, (2012). Coping with obesity stigma affects depressed mood in African-American and Caucasian candidates for bariatric surgery. 20 (5): 1118-1121. DOI: 10.1038/oby.2012.12.
- Chen, EY, & *Brown, M. (2005) Obesity Stigma in Sexual Relationships. Obesity 13: 1393-1397. doi: 10.1038/oby.2005.
- Chen, EY, Olino, TM, Conklin, CJ, Mohamed, FB, Hoge, WS, Foster, GD. On behalf of the GN-BO study group (Genetic and Neural Biomarkers of Obesity) study group: Arlt, J., Murray, S., Eneva, K.T., Yiu, A., VanderVeur, S.S., Lent, M., Tewsbury, C., Kidd, K., Kidd, J & Newberg, A.. (2017). Genetic and neural predictors of Behavior Weight Loss. A preliminary study. Obesity. 25(1), 66-75. DOI: 10.1002/oby.21691.
- Chen EY. Update on the Racial Diversity of Neuroimaging Studies Examining Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes. Invited Talk. The Obesity Society Annual Meeting. November 2-6, 2020.
- Chen EY, Taylor, R., Szanto, N., Karth, M., Karth, M., McCloskey, MS. Reporting sociodemographic variables in neuroimaging studies of obesity. A review of reviews. Neuroimaging and Modulation in obesity and diabetes research. NIDDK, NIH, Bethesda, MD. April 16 – 17, 2019.