Overview of Field Practicum Expectations for students, agencies and the Office of Field Education found here: Field Placement Requirements
Requirements to serve as a field instructor
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree to supervise BSW Seniors and/or
- Master of Social Work (MSW/MSS) degree to supervise MSW students
- 2 years of post-degree experience required for both BSW and MSW students
Requirements to serve as a task instructor:
- Individuals who do not have a MSW or BSW, but have expertise in an area that would benefit the student’s learning goals, may be considered Task Instructors.
- On site during the student’s internship hours
- Post-degree experience not required
FIELD PRACTICUM SITES
Partnerships between agencies such as yours and the School of Social Work are the lifeblood of the social work field practicum. We cherish these partnerships and look forward to building new relationships each year.
An Affiliation Agreement between your agency and Temple University is required before a student can begin their internship. Contact us to start the process.