This past spring, our Beyond the Page public programming series explored the home of Temple’s Main Campus and Health Sciences Center: North Philadelphia. We looked back on the past and considered the present and future of North Broad and beyond: the people, places, communities, and stories Made in North Philly.
You can view recordings of spring 2021 programs on our website.
We invite you to join us in the fall as we continue the conversation with a mix of in-person and virtual programming. We’ll take a walk up Broad Street together as we screen more gems from our video archives. We’ll meet current residents of North Philadelphia through the Narrative Medicine program’s Neighbors of North Philly project. And we’ll learn more about institutions like the Church of the Advocate and the Uptown Theater.
These programs are designed to shine a light on North Philly and its incredible history, showcase the resiliency of the community and organizations that reside here, and inspire you in your own work.
And of course, we’ll continue to offer the concerts, Blockson Collection events, and partnership programs that you’ve come to expect from Temple Libraries.
View the schedule of upcoming events on our events page, and check back often as new programs are being added daily. All programs are free and open to the public.
Check out some of our exhibits to accompany our programming this fall!
- Care and Custody: Past Responses to Mental Health, Ginsburg Health Sciences Library, on view September–November 2021
- Exploring Eastern North Philadelphia: Students and Community Engagement, Charles Library Exhibit Space, on view September – December 2021
- Neighbors of North Philly, presented by Lewis Katz School of Medicine students, Charles Library, Room 401, on view September – December 2021
- The Quest for Freedom and Dignity: Celebrating William Still and Harriet Tubman, Blockson Collection, on view through June 2022
Keep in touch
Have ideas for future programs? Let us know!
We hope to see you this fall!
– the library programming team