Qunhui Yuan

My name is Qunhui Yuan and I am from China.

My hometown, Zibo, is located in east China. It was the Capital of the Qi Dynasty(400 B.C.) for more than 800 years. “Han Ma-tou” (dock without water) on the Silk Road, made it one of the largest and most modern cities in Asia at that time. I had a great childhood there.

When I was 17 years old, I went to Yangtai. I lived there for 4 years in order to get my bachelor’s of Scince. Then I moved to Beijing in order to get a higher degree. I got the best gift of my life, my husband, while attending the graduate school of Chinese Academy of Science (CAS). In the summer of 2006, I happily graduated from the Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ICCAS) with a Ph.D. in super molecules self-assemblies with scanning probing microscope (SPM). In 2007 to 2008, I worked in Clarkson University as a Post-doc with a brand new research field, Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP). This is a very popular technique in Integrated Circuit industry.

I joined the Borguet Group in November, 2008, My research focused on SPM study of nano-scale self-assembly behavior and dynamics at solid-liquid interfaces and Acoustic Wave Sensors.

Dr. Qunhui Yuan moved back to China where she is on the faculty of the Xinjing Technical Institute of Physics & Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences.

To see my CV, click here.

Return to Former Members page