Advice for figuring out what’s next
Your education is for a purpose. As a professor, I hope that part of that purpose is to feed a curious and thoughtful mind — to build a framework for students to independently identify and solve interesting and useful problems.
But building a career and filling your stomach is also important.
Each year I try to provide an outline of advice for developing essential tools for the job hunt. Some of these resources are listed below:
- How to prepare a resume, cover letter, and build a network (Resume Seminar v201711).
EES Resources for the Job Hunt
- Check out the Temple Geology Facebook site (this is for all earth and environmental scientists and teachers who have been part of the TU EES experience!!!)
- Set up a LinkedIn profile and join the LinkedIn Group: “Temple University Earth and Environmental Science”: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8597287
- Check out the TU jobs webpage EES Connections (TU login required): https://sites.temple.edu/eesconnection/
- Temple University EES Geopath website: https://sites.temple.edu/geopath/
- Check out the Environmental Sciences Jobs Page: https://sites.temple.edu/environmentalscience/careers-2/
- Join the EES email listserve (TU login required): (you can search from: https://listserv.temple.edu, or go directly to https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=GEOSTUDENTS&X=33AEC7E6770024685C&Y=davatzes%40temple.edu)