Thank you for your interest in our program! Applications for the 2024 Cohort will open in January 2024, and will close on March 1.
- Application Questionnaire
- Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Students with at least 1.5 years of undergraduate coursework remaining
- Commitment to applying to a Ph.D. program in a neuroscience-related field
- Member of Underrepresented Populations in the U.S. Biomedical, Clinical, Behavioral and Social Sciences Research Enterprise
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (per NIH funding requirements)
On the application questionnaire, we ask applicants the following questions:
- Reflecting on your own experiences as a member underrepresented in neuroscience, how has this status influenced your personal/academic trajectory?
- What do you hope to gain from this program?
- What has sparked your interest in research?
Tips for the application
- Take your time when filling out the questionnaire.
- Your letter of recommendation should be someone who can attest to your academic integrity. Ideally, this would come from a professor or someone within academia who has had you as a student, but letters from a current/past employer or supervisor are also acceptable.
- You should provide at least 1 month of notice to the person who is writing you a letter of recommendation.
- Additional letters of recommendation are accepted, however you are only required to submit one as part of your application.