What is MiNDS?
The Mid-Atlantic Neuroscience Diversity Scholars (MiNDS) program, administered through Temple University in partnership with Drexel University, Lincoln University, University of Maryland College Park, and University of Maryland School of Medicine, aims to bolster the number of underrepresented minority (URM) students within the neuroscience academic pipeline and build a foundation for URM students to succeed in graduate school and beyond.
Who Should Apply?
Are you an undergraduate student at Lincoln University, Temple University, or University of Maryland College Park? Are you a member of a group traditionally underrepresented in the sciences? Are you interested in engaging in neuroscience research with the ultimate goal of applying a PhD program in a neuroscience-related area? We will recruit 9 scholars per year, 3 each from Lincoln University, Temple University, and University of Maryland College Park.
- Two year program beginning in the summer before your junior year
- Conduct neuroscience research during the academic year at your home institution or through remote research opportunities at partner institutions
- Engage in immersive summer research experiences at top tier research institutions
- Develop relationships with multiple faculty mentors to guide you in both research and professional development
- Attend national conferences
- Earn a monthly research stipend