Best Practices for Operating
- General operations – SPOs should write position descriptions, training protocols for each position, succession plans, and annual reports
- Finances – track cash flows, reconcile bank accounts, send reports to advisors monthly, establish transition process for graduating and incoming bank account holders, review the allocations guide
- Marketing/Communications – establish SPO LinkedIn and social media, submit events to Suitable, Fox plasma screens, and the Fox Den newsletter (email email@example.com with detailed information for your event)
- Community service – review the requirements + reporting, email Scarlett for questions and tips
- Forms – parking, table reservations, allocations
- Become a recognized student org through the Student Activities STARS program and Owl Connect
- After 2 unexcused absences from required events (presidents meetings, SPO fairs, Experience Temple Days, etc.), the SPO will be placed on a 1-month probation from earning allocations
- If an SPO misses another required event within the 1-month probationary period, probation from allocations is extended for an additional month
- College Council will meet with SPOs to discuss issues as needed, with the possibility of relegation to an Affiliate SPO (ineligible for allocations). Otherwise probation and allocations eligibility will reset for the next semester
Fox Rooms AFTER 5PM or WEEKENDS Policy
- Due to safety & staffing concerns
- “SPOs need to have a compelling business reason that the event couldn’t be offered during the day/weekday” Examples: case competitions, career fairs
- Socials, e-board meetings, etc. do not qualify
- Operations needs at least 4-6 weeks notice for weeknights (Monday through Thursday only) and weekends (Saturdays only) – email Nicole Stilianos, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPOs registered with Student Activities can hold after hours/weekend events in the Student Center – read more here or contact 215-204-9235 or email@example.com. Submit Student Center event space requests at least 2 weeks in advance
7th Floor MBA Commons
SPOs may only hold events in the 7th Floor MBA Commons through an academic department within Fox. SPOs looking to reserve MBA Commons for an event need to contact their department or faculty advisor. If chairs and/or tables are needed, the department must submit a facilities request for setup (for a fee – the department can request a quote first in TUmarketplace). Email Sarah with any questions.
Plasma Screen Submissions
Fox policy states that NO flyers may be posted in any of the buildings. Instead, use the digital submission page linked here to advertise your event on the plasma screens! Fill out the form with your contact information, department, and 4:3 or 16:9 file upload. Contact Sarah Maher with any questions.
If you have pizza at your meetings, all pizza boxes MUST be taken to the dumpsters, located in the loading dock on the first floor of Alter Hall (through the double doors behind the globe in the lobby). If you need help locating the dumpsters, let Sarah know. Any SPO found violating this policy will be banned from having food at their meetings.