Twenty-Year Club – By-Laws
- To recognize and honor employees of Temple University who have completed Twenty (20) years of continuous full-time service.
- To provide a function for formal recognition of employee service.
- To provide a vehicle for continuing camaraderie among current and former Employee.
- The Club shall be governed by a self-perpetuating 20 member Board of Governors that shall have responsibility for the following:
- Determining the eligibility of employees for membership;
- Preparing an annual budget request for approval by the appropriate University official(s);
- Approving all expenditures;
- Maintaining the Club’s membership list and other records;
- Planning and overseeing the Annual Twenty Year Club Induction and Recognition Program and Reception (Program and Reception).
- The Board of Governors, at its final meeting in alternate fiscal years, shall elect from its own members a President, a Vice President, a Treasurer and a Secretary.
- The term of office for the President and Vice President shall normally be two years, but may be extended by the Board under unusual circumstances. The Secretary and Treasurer shall serve for an indefinite term.
- The Board of Governors shall review its own membership annually and add new members (current employees) as deemed necessary to fulfill its responsibilities.
- The Board also shall have the authority to remove members who have been inactive and consider removing a member who has missed three meetings in one fiscal year.
- All new members of the Board of Governors will be required to serve a two-year minimum consecutive term.
- Membership in the Club shall be extended to all non-faculty, active full-time employees on University payroll, who have completed twenty years (20) of continuous service by June 30th of the calendar year of the Program and Reception. For any reason other than retirement, membership is terminated upon one’s termination from the University.
- An employee who has served both as a member of the Faculty and a member of the Administration shall, upon completion of their 20th year of service, be informed of their eligibility – but that acceptance of membership in the Twenty Year Club will preclude subsequent joining of the Faculty’s Twenty-Five Year (25) Club. After January 1, 1993, any such employee who accepts membership and later joins the Twenty-Five Year Club shall be dropped from the membership roll.
- An employee who has previously been inducted into the Twenty Five Year Club shall not be eligible for membership.
- All members of record shall be invited as guests of the University to the Program and Reception with each member restricted to one guest for whom a fee will be charged. Honorees are entitled to one free guest. Honorees may submit a written request for additional paid guests to the Board of Governors. Only the honoree can accept the pin at the Program and Reception.
Anniversary recognition will be granted at the annual Program and Reception following completion of the member’s 60th, 55th, 50th, 45th, 40th, 35th, 30th, and 25th active and continuous full-time years of service.
Changes and/or additions to these BY-LAWS shall be by majority written vote of all members of the Board.