This toolkit is designed for:
- Researchers with IDD who want to use peer support to engage their peers with IDD in research
- Research team leaders, who may or may not have a disability, who want to use peer support to include more people with IDD on their teams.
The toolkit includes information about:
- What is peer support?*
- Roles and strategies for peer supporters*
- How peer support can be used during research engagement
- Ways peer supporters can help across the phases of research
- Information about recruiting and hiring
- Considerations for supports and accommodations
* These sections of the toolkit were designed for use by researchers with IDD.
This accessible, HTML toolkit operates on any device and does not require Internet access to use.
Download our factsheet Peer Support Toolkit!
*Downloading and using toolkit files is a little different than other types of file. The toolkit is shared as a .zip file. Once you locate it in your downloads folder, double click to “unzip”, then select the file labeled “Start-here.htm“. For more detailed instructions on opening the toolkit on a PC or Mac, use the guide below.