Celebrate National Library Week at the Libraries

Today marks the beginning of National Library Week, a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April. It is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians and to promote library use and support.

How You Can Celebrate with TU Libraries

• Stop by our table in Paley Library and the Student Center for more information about library resources and services, as well as some fun stress-relief activities, giveaways, candy, and a chance to tell us why YOU are thankful for the Libraries.

Library Table Hours
Tuesday, April 11 from 2:00–4:00 PM in Paley Library
Wednesday, April 12 11:00 AM–1:00 PM in the Student Center
Thursday, April 13 from 2:00–4:00 PM in Paley Library

• Our Question of the Week board asks why YOU are thankful for the Libraries—what will you say?
  • Follow #ThankTULibraries stories on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and add your own!

What Library Resources Are TUL Staff Members Most Thankful For?

“I’m most thankful for the library’s video collection, as I’ve frequently used it for my film work. I’m also thankful for librarians who often direct me to the resources I need when I’m feeling overwhelmed and can’t find them.” –Gary Kramer, Publicity Manager, Temple University Press

“I am thankful for Interlibrary loan. I have gotten great books for both leisure and professional reading in the last few months that my local public library doesn’t have.” –Jenny Pierce, Head of Research, Education, and Outreach, Ginsburg Health Sciences Library

“Our committed, creative, & talented staff.” –Joe Lucia, Dean of Libraries

“Access to full text journals! We have so many.” –Lauri Fennell, Reference/Patron Services, Ginsburg Health Sciences Library

“I’m thrilled that we now have online access to the Philadelphia Inquirer for the entire 20th century (we had a gap of about 60 years previously). This is a huge improvement in access for students and faculty who are researching Philadelphia history in a wide range of disciplines. One faculty member told me it was the best news he’d heard in months!” –Rebecca Lloyd, Reference Librarian