Creating a Static Front Page
By default, WordPress shows your most recent posts in reverse chronological order on the front page of your site. Many WordPress users want a static front page or splash page as the front page instead. This “static front page” look is common for users desiring static or welcoming information on the front page of the site.
The look and feel of the front page of the site is based upon the choices of the user combined with the features and options of the WordPress Theme.
To create the static front page, go to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Under the Dashboard select ‘Appearance‘ –> ‘Customize‘
2. Select ‘Homepage Settings‘
3. Change the radio box to ‘A static page‘
4. select the page that you want to be your new home page.
you can also set up a page that will allow you to populate all the posts you have under ‘Posts page‘
5. After you are done hit the blue ‘Publish’ button at the top left of the screen.
You must be logged in to post a comment.