Reading Response #9 – Webb Final thoughts and Mojo

1. Now that you’ve had a chance to process Amy Webb’s presentation, any additional thoughts or take aways?

2. It’s so important to know background.  Hence this week’s readings.  I asked you to read, “Mobile journalism (mojo) and journalism education” a paper I reviewed and discussed with the author, Stephen Quinn, at the 2010 World Journalism Education Conference in South Africa.  I assigned this paper because Quinn presents mobile journalism in a historical context and then discusses how mojo is changing the role of journalists, journalism and journalism education internationally.  I also assigned the chapter, “Not Your Father’s Educational Technology.”  It provides you with an historical perspective on this class mojo election project pre-FaceBook.  The 2010 mid-term election was the first time we used FaceBook.  Your reaction as you read the material.  Surprises? Pros and cons of mojo news gathering?  Quality of mojo postings to a blog vs the current FB group, Crowdsourcing US Election Day?

Don’t forget to post your responses by the Tuesday 11/5 @11:59 deadline.

4 Responses to Reading Response #9 – Webb Final thoughts and Mojo