Prospective Graduate Students
Our lab is recruiting for a PhD student to join us in Fall 2023. Prospective PhD students should apply directly to the Cognition and Neuroscience (C&N) or Social Psychology program through the Department of Psychology graduate department. In your personal statement, please be sure to emphasize your prior research experience and how your research interests fit within the scope of the work being done in the lab. Although there are no hard and fast rules about what makes an applicant stand out, we generally look for applicants who can generate ideas, work independently, teach others, and see projects through completion.
Not sure about a PhD? Temple also offers an MS in Neuroscience.
Prospective Undergraduate Students
Our lab is highly supportive of providing undergraduate research experience. Some of our prior undergraduates have presented their work at regional and national conferences. Although previous research experience is not required, we are generally looking for undergraduates who meet the following description:
- Ambitious, dependable, self-motivated, and eager to learn independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in the lab for at least 10 hours/week for at least two semesters
- High GPA (minimum 3.5) in psychology, neuroscience, economics, and/or computer science
- Experience working with computers (computer programming is a plus, but not required)
If this sounds like you, please complete our online application. But, even if it doesn’t sound like you and you want to learn more, please indicate that on your application and we’ll see what we can do to work with you and help you learn more about research. We will keep your application on file and reach out to you when there’s an opening.