Histories

Hi, my name is Matt Grant. I use he/his pronouns. I am a secondary education history major.

My History

I grew up in Huntingdon Valley, Pa with my three siblings. My family was always a big part of my life. We always had family nights or family parties where I would see my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I attended schools in Lower Moreland school district which is where several teachers sparked my interest in history. Growing up I loved sports, both watching and playing them and eventually couching them. I spent a majority of my time with my friends or at work. Throughout high school I worked at a local restaurant called Steam Pub, which is where I learned to work hard. Now I work at Holy Redeemer Hospital.

What is History?

History is the stories of people from the past and it is the information that they learned. It is very important to keep track of history because there is so much to learn from the actions and mistakes of the past. It is an overused cliché that me must remember history so that we do not repeat it but it is so very true. History is the most important subject in schools. It teaches future politicians, presidents, and law makers the mistakes of the predecessors. Teaching students history is what allows them to make better decisions in their futures. Also without the written history of other subjects we would not have all the information that is taught today. The information that we learn in schools today is known because people kept a history of that information. We learn the ideas of past scientists because their ideas have been passes down throughout history. We learn the ideas of past mathematicians because their formulas have continued to be used and passed on by other mathematicians. So to answer the question of what is history: history is the information that humans have learned for centuries. It is what allows us to progress and grow. History is what allows us to continue moving forward rather than falling back into the stone age. It is what helps us to learn new information rather than continuing to have to relearn the same information that past people have learned. For example, the ancient Romans figured out how to make concrete but when the Roman Empire fell the mixture was lost and had to be relearned later on. If we lose history this is the challenge we would be faced with just on a much larger scale.

Published in Uncategorized

Comments