As we enter another semester where many of us remain apart due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of us here at the Libraries want to help you succeed amid these challenging circumstances. We are committed to providing you with important resources, materials, opportunities, and services, no matter where you are. Check out our round up below.
If you plan to visit us in person, we encourage you to check our website for the latest information on access and services during COVID-19.
One-on-one research help
Librarians are here to offer personalized assistance as you work on your research papers and projects. No matter what you are studying or what major you pursue, we have a librarian who specializes in your field.
New spring 2021—library chat goes 24/7! No matter when you’re working, we will be here to answer your questions. library.temple.edu/chat
Access to collections
We provide access to a broad range of physical and online materials—from books, databases, and journals to ebooks, archival materials, and movies—all searchable through our website: library.temple.edu.
If you are looking for fully online materials, we have highlighted those on our website.
Recognition for your research
We will soon begin accepting applications for the Livingstone Undergraduate Research Awards, in which we recognize the best scholarly and creative work produced by Temple undergrads. Did we mention there are cash prizes?!
Online learning opportunities
The Libraries are more than just a place for books! We host specialized online learning opportunities, such as workshops on everything from telling stories with data to using citation managers to getting started with 3D printing. We have a full slate of workshops scheduled for the spring, and we hope you’ll join us.
And check out our Beyond the Page public programming series. This semester’s theme is Made in North Philly, and we’ll be offering a variety of virtual readings, concerts, conversations, and more.
As always, our events and workshops are free and open to all.
Here are a few more tips to help you start the new year off right:
- Once you’ve scoped out your syllabi, head over to our comprehensive Research Guides for each of your course subjects, as well as our How Do I…? guides for help with basic tasks and services.
- Looking for a place to study? We offer a variety of open study seating options, though in reduced capacity to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. You can also book study rooms at Charles Library ahead of time, and read about available study rooms at the Ginsburg Health Sciences Library before your visit.
- If you are interested in making use of the Libraries’ advanced equipment and technology, you can still visit the Loretta C. Duckworth Scholars Studio in Charles Library and the Innovation Space at Ginsburg Health Sciences Library—just be sure to make an appointment ahead of time.
- Take advantage of the Libraries’ laptop lending program and charging options, and look into Temple’s Print on the Go service for all your printing needs.
- More questions? Start with our library tutorials, undergraduate user guide, and graduate user guide.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for even more library news and updates.