After finishing my MBA, I pursued a career in Supply Chain and Logistics Consulting, working with large and medium-sized enterprises in India and the Middle East.
Scope of Projects
- Business planning for logistics service and infrastructure providers.
- Business process reengineering; Cost optimization; Program management.
- Supply chain network design; Warehouse facility and process design.
India, Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain). 2007 – 2012.
- Management Consultant.
- Third-Party Logistics Practice Development.
- Responsible for Middle East Market entry.
- Logistics service and infrastructure providers.
- Retail, fashion, and lifestyle.
- Consumer packaged goods.
- Chemicals and industrial gases.
Building on my consulting experience, I have contributed to a leading practitioner handbook on logistics. I have been invited to leading engineering and management schools in India to talk on the future of supply chain management, and career opportunities in this field for would-be graduates.
- Roy, Abhishek (2011). “State of the Industry: Warehousing in India – The SMART Way.” The Warehousing Handbook, 2, 12-34. Hamburg Media Private Limited, Mumbai, India.
- 2011 Sep. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. “Supply Chain and Logistics Management: Career Opportunities.”
- 2011 Aug. Department of Production Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. “Introduction to Supply Chain Management for Production Engineers.”