As A Recent Grad What Library Services Am I Entitled To?

I just graduated in February. I have been offered a free email address, but I cannot find information regarding whether I can continue to use the library. I tried looking up an article online and found that I have been locked out of the system. Do you offer any online library services to alumni?

Congratulations on your graduation and welcome to the ranks of Temple Alumni. The Temple Libraries offer a wide range of services to our alumni and you can find more information about them on the Alumni Services page on our website. Here is what that page says about access to library databases for alumni:

Owing to license restrictions alumni may only use the Temple University Library databases (LexisNexis, EBSCO, Historical New York Times, etc) on campus. To get logged onto a computer in any library, speak to a staff member at the reference or main service desk for that library. To access the databases please present your Temple University alumni card to the staff member. All Temple University graduates receive an alumni card upon graduation. If you no longer have your alumni card it is best to obtain a replacement prior to visiting the Library. See the link at the bottom of this page for more information on how to obtain an alumni card. See our A-Z listing of databases for more information on available databases.

So unfortunatley we are not able to allow access from off-campus (and that is the case with most academic institutions), but if you are able to come onsite then you can use the databases in the library. If you have any additonal questions about getting access to or identifying a library database please contact our “Ask Here” desk at 215-204-8212 or get in touch via our Ask-a-Librarian services.