WordPress uses a concept of role, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what users can and cannot do within the site. WordPress has six pre-defined roles:
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.