- Ph.D., 2007, Indiana University
- M.A., 2001, Indiana University
- B.A., 1998, Northwestern University
- Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Department of Psychology, Temple University, 2014 –
- Senior Quantitative Research Analyst, University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research, 2014-2016
- Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Department of Psychology, Temple University, 2007 – 2014
- Moriarity, Daniel, Marin Katuz, Naoise Mac Giollabhui, Joshua Klugman, Christopher L. Coe, Lauren M. Ellman, Lyn Y. Abramson, and Lauren B. Alloy. 2020 (July). “Bidirectional Associations Between Inflammatory Biomarkers and Depressive Symptoms in Adolescents: Potential Causal Relationships.” Clinical Psychological Science 8(4): 690-703
- Jenkins, Tania M., Grace Franklyn, Joshua Klugman, and Shalini T. Reddy. 2020 (May). “Separate But Equal? The Sorting of USMDs and non-USMDs in Internal Medicine Residency Programs.” Journal of General Internal Medicine 35(5): 1458-1464.
- Matsko, Kavita Kapadia, Matthew Ronfeldt, Hillary Greene Nolan, Joshua Klugman, Michelle Reininger, and Stacy L. Brockman. 2020 (July). “Cooperating Teacher as Model and Coach: What Leads to Student Teachers’ Perceptions of Preparedness?” Journal of Teacher Education. 71(1):41-62.
- Moriarity, Daniel P., Naoise Mac Giollabhui, Lauren M. Ellman, Joshua Klugman, Chris Coe, Lyn Y. Abramson, and Lauren B. Alloy. 2019 (July). “Inflammatory Proteins Predict Change in Depressiver Symptoms in Male and Female Adolescents.” Clinical Psychological Science.
- Klugman, Joshua and Jennifer C. Lee. 2019 (May). “Social Closure, School Socioeconomic Composition and Inequality in College Enrollments.” Social Science Research. Replication package.
- Klugman, Joshua. 2016 (December). “Essential or Expendable Supports? Assessing the Relationship Between School Climate and Student Outcomes.” Sociological Science 4: 31-53.
- Cooper, Shanna, Joshua Klugman, Richard G. Heimberg, Deidre M. Anglin, and Lauren M. Ellman. 2016 (January). “Attenuated Positive Psychotic Symtpoms and Social Anxiety: Along a Psychotic Continuum or Different Constructs?” Psychiatric Research 30: 139-147.
- Gibson, Lauren E., Deidre Anglin, Joshua Klugman, Lauren E. Reeves, Anna M. Fineberg, Seth D. Maxwell, Connor M. Kerns, and Lauren M. Ellman. 2014 (June). “Stress Sensitivity Mediates The Relationship Between Traumatic Life Events and Attenuated Positive Psychotic Symptoms Differentially By Gender in a College Population Sample.” Journal of Psychiatric Research 53: 111-118.
- Shapero, Benjamin, Shimrit K. Black, Richard Liu, Joshua Klugman, Rachel E. Bender, Lyn Y. Abramson, and Lauren B. Alloy. 2014. “Stressful life events and depression symptoms: The Stress Sensitization Effect of Childhood Emotional Abuse.” Journal of Clinical Psychology 70(3): 209-223.
- Lee, Jennifer C., and Joshua Klugman. 2013. “Latino School Concentration and Academic Performance Among Latino Children.” Social Science Quarterly 94(4): 977-1015.
- Kerns, Connor M., Kendra L. Read, Joshua Klugman, and Philip C. Kendall. 2013. “Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Youth With Social Anxiety: Differential Short and Long Term Treatment Outcomes.” Journal of Anxiety Disorders 27(2): 210-215.
- Klugman, Joshua, Gretchen Condran, and Matt Wray. 2013. “The Role of Medico-Legal Systems in Producing Geographic Variation in Suicide Rates.” Social Science Quarterly 94(2): 462-489.
- Klugman, Joshua. 2013. “The Advanced Placement Arms Race and the Reproduction of Educational Inequality.” Teachers College Record 115(5).
- Richmond, Lauren, Melissa Thorpe, Marian E. Berryhill, Joshua Klugman, and Ingrid R. Olsen. 2013. “Individual Differences in Autistic Trait Load in the General Population Predicts Visual Working Memory Performance.” Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology 66(6): 1182-1195.
- Klugman, Joshua. 2012. “How Resource Inequalities Among High Schools Reproduce Class Advantages in College Destinations.” Research in Higher Education 53(8): 803-830.
- Klugman, Joshua, Jennifer C. Lee, and Shelley L. Nelson. 2012. “The Role of Co-ethnic Communities in Hispanic Parent Involvement in Schooling.” Social Science Research 41(5): 1320-1337.
- Klugman, Joshua, Pamela Barnhouse Walters, Jenny M. Stuber, and Michael S. Rosenbaum. 2011. “Social status, values, and support for reform in education.” Social Science Journal 48(4): 722-734.
- Stuber, Jenny, Joshua Klugman, and Caitlin Daniel. 2011. “Gender, Social Class, and Exclusion: Collegiate Peer Cultures and Social Reproduction.” Sociological Perspectives 54(3): 431-451.
- Cheng, Simon, and Joshua Klugman. 2010. “School Racial Composition and Biracial Adolescents’ School Attachment.” The Sociological Quarterly 51: 150-178.
- Klugman, Joshua, and Jun Xu. 2008. “The Effects of Race on Public Confidence in Educational Institutions: 1974-2002.” Social Science Quarterly 89(1): 155-176.
- Redding, Kent, David James, and Josh Klugman. 2005. “The Politics of Racial Policy.” in Janoski, Thomas, Robert Alford, Alexander Hicks, and Mildred Schwartz (eds.). Handbook of Political Sociology: States, Civil Societies, and Globalization. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Klugman, Joshua. 2017. “Whither the Diversity Bargain?” Ethnic and Racial Studies.
- Klugman, Joshua. 2016. Review of Despite the Best Intentions: How Racial Inequality Thrives in Good Schools by Amanda E. Lewis and John B. Diamond. Social Science Journal.
- Klugman, Joshua, Molly F. Gordon, Penny Bender Sebring, and Susan Sporte. 2015 (June). “A First Look at the 5Essentials in Illinois Schools.” Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research.
- Klugman, Joshua. 2014. Review of Top Student, Top School? How Social Class Shapes Where Valedictorians Go to College by Alexandria Walton Radford. American Journal of Sociology 119(5).
Papers Under Review / Works in Progress