My research focuses on 3D organoid culture to investigate basic biology and directed differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells under partial- and microgravity in the random positioning machine. In addition, I am using mathematical and computational techniques to model cell aggregation into organoids and cell proliferation within growing organoids, including the influences of cell density, biological heterogeneity, metabolism, nutrient and oxygen gradients, et al on cell behavior.
Publications & Abstracts
- Liat Ronen, Ran Numa and Gai Ben-Dror, “Krill Oil Preparations with Optimal Mineral and Metal Composition, Low Imputiries
- Redden, RA, Doolin, EJ. Microgravity assay of neuroblastoma: in vitro aggregation kinetics and organoid morphology correlate with MYCN expression. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim, 47: 312-7, 2011.
- Redden RA, Iyer R, Brodeur GM, Doolin EJ. Rotary bioreactor culture can discern specific behavior
phenotypes in Trk-null and Trk-expressing neuroblastoma cell lines. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim, 50: 188-
- Jacobs IN, Redden RA, Goldberg R, Hast M, Salowe R, Mauck RL, Doolin EJ. Pediatric laryngotracheal
reconstruction with tissue-engineered cartilage in a rabbit model. Laryngoscope, 126: S5-21, 2016.
- Redden RA, Ronen L, Lelkes PI. Dynamic organoid cultures of mouse embryonic stem cells in modeled
microgravity enhance directed endodermal differentiation. TERMIS Americas, Orlando, Florida. December