Wicked Folders is the ultimate tool for managing large numbers of pages and custom post types. The plugin simplifies content management by allowing you to organize your content into folders. Wicked Folders is an administration plugin that does not alter your content’s permalinks or hierarchy giving you the complete freedom to organize your pages and/or custom post types any way you want independently of your site’s structure.
- Organize pages, posts, and custom post types into folders
- Control which post types can be organized using folders
- Create an unlimited number of folders and nest them any way you like
- Tree view of folders
- Drag and drop folders to easily reorganize them
- Drag and drop items to quickly move them into folders
- Bulk move items to folders
- Assign items to multiple folders
- Toggle folder pane on or off
- Clone folders
- Resizable folder pane
- Dynamic folders (read more below)
- Search folders
- Display number of items assigned to each folder
- Support for right-to-left languages
Dynamic folders let you to filter pages (and custom post types) by things like date or author. You can even browse pages or custom post types by other categories that are assigned to the post type. The handy “Unassigned Items” dynamic folder shows you items that haven’t been assigned to a folder yet and the “Page Hierarchy” folder lets you browse your pages as if each parent page were a folder. Dynamic folders are generated on the fly which means you don’t have to do anything; simply install the plugin and enable dynamic folders for the post types you want on the Wicked Folders settings page. See the screenshots section for an example.
HOW THE PLUGIN WORKS
Wicked Folders works by leveraging WordPress’s built-in taxonomy API. When you enable folders for pages or a custom post type, the plugin creates a new taxonomy for that post type called ‘Folders’. Folders are essentially another type of category and work like blog post categories; the difference is that Wicked Folders allows you to easily browse your content by folder.
This plugin does not alter your page or custom post types’ permalinks, hierarchy, sort order, or anything else; it simply allows you to organize your pages and custom post types into virtual folders so that you can find them more easily.