- Lee Hachadoorian (Markdown) and Ryan Burns (GitHub)
- Friday, Oct 30, 3-4:30pm
- Gladfelter 341
The workshop will begin with a short demo, including some browser-based tools. However, if you want to get the most out of the hands-on part of the workshop, you should install pandoc (a Markdown converter) and GitHub Desktop beforehand, as well as creating a GitHub account.
Download the latest version from https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases
- For Windows use the MSI intaller
- For Mac use the PKG installer
Pandoc can convert to Word DOC(X), HTML, and a wide variety of formats. For PDF you also need to install LaTeX.
- For Windows use MiKTeX – http://miktex.org/howto/install-miktex
- For Mac BasicTeX http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html or, if you have plenty of hard drive space, MacTeX https://tug.org/mactex/
Install git and create a GitHub account
- Install the graphical GitHub client from: https://desktop.github.com/
* The website should automatically detect your operating system, but it gives you a clear option to switch if it’s incorrect.
- Create GitHub account at https://github.com/join.