International Education Week 2021
Global Disruption, Global Solutions
November 15-19, 2021
Our second Global Reach, Global Teach virtual conference for International Education Week focuses on the theme of Global Disruption, Global Solutions. Faculty and staff experts, along with Temple students, will come together to discuss critical topics, such as the (hopefully) post-Covid landscape in higher education, the Olympic games, and sustainability and climate change.
With campuses on three continents–Main Campus in North America, Temple Rome in Europe and Temple Japan in Asia–and programs across the globe, Temple University truly has a global reach. Join us in celebrating Temple’s global community and engage in critical discussions about global disruption and ways to move forward together through global solutions.
How can you participate?
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends around the world:
- Join leaders from Temple Rome, Temple Japan, the Center for the Advancement of Teaching, Education Abroad and the Office of International Affairs as they discuss the (hopefully) post-COVID landscape in higher education.
- Attend faculty panels and student discussions to gain global perspectives on the Olympic games, sustainability practices, and the intersection of climate change with various global issues.
- Browse the e-global examples on this site to discover ongoing practices: innovative virtual events, cultural labs, guest lectures, and other international education and engagement opportunities offered to Temple Owls.
Students – enter our #TempleIEW2021 raffle
- Follow @templeuabroad on Instagram for your chance to win in our #TempleIEW2021 raffle.
- Comment on our IEW raffle posts and tag 2 friends for your chance to win some international swag. Make sure your friends are also following us.
- #TempleIEW2021 #TempleGlobalTeach
- View complete contest rules
Faculty – even more ways to participate:
- Encourage your students to attend panels and student discussions.
- Join Global Connect. We’ll connect you to an overseas faculty member to host guest lectures or facilitate intercultural student conversations across continents to enhance courses you are teaching in a future term. If you are interested, complete this Temple Global Connect request form to request a connection and join the Canvas community.
- Prepare for your own international collaboration by participating in panel discussions and workshops during IEW. These sessions and additional resources from the CAT will prepare you to implement effective guest lectures and student discussions during a future term.
- Share your experience. Have you already participated in Temple Global Connect? If so, complete the share your feedback and experience.