November 16-20, 2020
Join us for a virtual celebration of globalization at Temple University. With campuses on three continents–Main Campus in North America, Temple Rome in Europe and Temple Japan in Asia–and programs across the globe, Temple University truly has a global reach. Learn how the innovative virtual solutions Temple is using to promote intercultural learning are extending that reach. Attend virtual panels and events throughout the week that will demonstrate the value of technology in fostering connections and increasing access to international learning long term.
How can you participate?
For students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends around the world:
- Join leaders from Temple Rome and Temple Japan, the Center for the Advancement of Teaching, and the Office of International Affairs to learn about Temple’s creative approaches to e-global learning in 2020 and their vision for the future.
- Attend faculty panels and student discussions to gain global perspectives on language learning, pandemic responses and social movements
- Check out the Memorable Moments series, which this month highlights India
- Browse the e-global examples on this site to discover ongoing practices: innovative virtual events, cultural labs, guest lectures, and other international education and engagement opportunities offered to Temple Owls earlier this fall
For students – enter our #TempleIEW2020 raffle
- Follow @templeuabroad on Instagram for your chance to win in our #TempleIEW2020 raffle.
- Comment on our IEW raffle posts and tag 2 friends for your chance to win some international swag. Make sure your friends are also following us.
- #TempleIEW2020 #TempleGlobalTeach
- View complete contest rules
For faculty – even more ways to participate:
- Encourage your students to attend panels and student discussions
- Host a guest lecturer, panel, or student discussion in Spring 2021. We’ll connect you to an overseas faculty member to host guest lectures or facilitate intercultural student conversations across continents to enhance courses you are teaching next semester. If you are interested, complete this International Collaboration Connection Program Request form by November 23, 2020.
- Prepare for your own international collaboration by participating in panel discussions and workshops and reading blog posts. IEW will prepare you to implement effective guest lectures and student discussions during a future term.
- Share your experience. Have you already implemented an international collaboration or other method of expanding intercultural connection in the classroom? If yes, complete the Share Your International Collaboration Experience form by November 23, 2020.