Interactive web-mapping for the paper:
The world is flatter? Examining the relationship between cultural distance and international tourist flows
Global tourist flow pattern in 2012
Global tourist flow pattern in 1995
1. Click the upper right button to go full-screen, and press ESC to return.
2. World map can be zoomed in/out and dragged using mouse or the buttons in the bottom left.
3. Use the bottom left searching button to search location.
4. Use the right two panels to select origin and/or destination countries we want to visualize in the map. If not listed, we can click to search.
5. Click the flow line to show a textbox with information on number of tourist arrivals, origin and destination for each line.