The Security Awareness Public Service Announcement (PSA) Contest invites high school and college students to help promote good digital citizenship! Students can win cash prizes, gain experience, and earn recognition by creating PSA videos promoting a specific cybersecurity or privacy topic that educates the general public about using the internet safely, securely, and effectively.
Students can submit short (30 seconds), creative, and informative videos about explaining a cybersecurity or privacy problem and specific actions people can take to protect themselves online and safeguard their devices and personal data.
Your PSA must include the following components in the 30-second duration:
- Clearly state/show the topic (catchy/informative) title at the beginning
- Explain what it is and why it is important
- Three steps to prevent/mitigate/protect
This years themes are:
- Romance scams
- Tax scams
- Using open-access networks safely (https, ad blockers, spoofing, VPNs)
- Digital footprint/social media hygiene
For more ideas, visit the National Cybersecurity Alliance resource library. So submit a PSA video and show off your cyber savviness!