We are a group of glaciologists/polar geophysicists interested in understanding the past, present and future changes of ice sheets and glaciers, and their drivers. Current research topics include:
- Revealing subglacial conditions beneath Antarctic and Greenland Ice Sheets using surface geophysical methods (active-source seismic and gravity anomaly) and remotely sensed data
- Imaging of subglacial features beneath the former Laurentide Ice Sheet margin in northern US
- Determining the mass balance and ice thickness of alpine glaciers with the microgravity technique
- Reconstructing past surface-temperature changes in Antarctica using borehole thermometry and thermal remote sensing
- Updates from Louise in Antarctica
- PhD student Louise Borthwick wins an Outstanding TA Award!
- PhD student Louise Borthwick is in Antarctica!
- Looking for a PhD and a master’s student to join our group in Fall 2023!
- Paper on ultralow surface temperatures in Antarctica published and featured in media
Dr. Atsuhiro Muto
Department of Earth and Environmental Science
College of Science and Technology
317B Beury Hall, 1901 N. 13th Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
E-mail: amuto (at) temple.edu