Generously supported by PECO, the PECO Scholars Program offers awards of approximately $1,500 for the spring semester to support high-achieving Temple University juniors and seniors from the five-county Philadelphia area in select STEM majors.
Minimum eligibility requirements include:
- Demonstrated academic achievement (at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA), campus or community involvement, and the persistence in achieving despite obstacles and challenges;
- Permanent residency in one of these Philadelphia-area counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia;
- Major in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biology, Biophysics, Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Geography/Urban Studies, Horticulture, Information Science and Technology, Landscape Architecture, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematical Economics, Natural Science, Neuroscience (CLA), Neuroscience – Cellular and Molecular, or Physics
- Financial need (must have submitted a 2018-2019 FAFSA to be considered);
- Full-time junior, senior, or 5th-year senior status;
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Prior recipients of the PECO Scholarship are not eligible
Other selection criteria:
It is critical that your short essays are proofread prior to submission. Applicants who do not proofread their essays compete poorly during the selection process and generally will not receive an award. Your responses should be thoughtful and clear. Please compose your essays first in Word and then copy and paste into the text boxes provided in the online application. This will allow you to save your essays and ensure that your information is not lost due to a session timeout. We highly recommend visiting The Writing Center with your draft responses before submitting.
Late, incomplete, or inaccurate applications WILL NOT be considered!
Deadline: November 1st, 11:59 PM ET
Please note that awards for the PECO Scholars Program are contingent on the receipt of funding from the funding agency, and are not guaranteed. Exact award amounts may vary from year to year.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.