About Me

Being born in the 90s, I had the opportunity to witness the ultimate evolution of wireless networking firsthand, starting from the first mobile phone call I made to browsing the web using dial-up internet. Although access to the internet was once very limited, in this wireless era, massive use of the internet has become an integral part of our lives. With the vision of massive connectivity and an integrated wireless networking platform, revolutionary changes are expected with 5G and 6G in the field of cloud computing. The blessing of modern science is expected to thrive to its full potential with the affordability, accessibility, efficiency, and integrity of cloud services around the universe. Research is of prime importance with hands-on experience in real-time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject. With my Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and work experience as a System Engineer in live networks, I feel the thrust of becoming a part of this betterment. I quest to embellish my knowledge by pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science with an ambition to become a researcher in the field of Wireless and Computer Networks.

The undergraduate program has given me a strong foundation and has brought considerable maturity to my outlook. Not just theoretical foundation, my program allowed me to work on advanced topics in this domain. I was able to channel my fascination with communication technologies to a new extent by completing various projects on radio frequency, signal modulation, and biomedical engineering. The impact of these project works can also be advocated through my grades after my first year. However, I was baffled by the Data Communication and Computer Networks course as it showcased how the virtualization of our communication system is enabling us to develop new technologies like unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), autonomous cars, cloud computing, IoT, and many more. As most of us today are connected to the internet using our smart devices via wifi, I began to venture into the world of Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN). For my final year thesis project, I aimed to implement a real-life environment where users were using applications like VOIP, streaming, and emailing via different WLAN protocols. By analyzing different WLANs’ performance, I provided the solution to obtain seamless service delivery and how it can be achieved by congestion control with optimized RTS and fragmentation threshold as the number of users increases and wrote a paper titled ‘Congestion Control in DCF-MAC Standard using Enhanced RTS Threshold and Fragmentation Threshold for IEEE 802.11n WLAN’ based on my thesis.

The latest addition to the telecommunication industry is 5G technology that embraces new communication strategies like Massive MIMO, mmWave, adaptive beam-forming, etc. These technologies have enabled a more efficient and greener communication system where the telecommunication infrastructure serves as a backbone. Due to the widespread use of mobile devices, remote areas through telecom infrastructure have been made more accessible than ever. Utilizing sensor-based solutions comprised of edge devices in 5G, and 6G and devising a novel IoT communication system can revolutionize the fourth industrial revolution. My experience in the professional field has helped me gain in-depth knowledge of different communication standards and protocols. The most significant learning opportunity for me was interconnecting our SMS servers with telecom operators where I learned a lot about integrating two different technologies and how to tackle unique challenges. This would give me an edge in my research work, where I can utilize my practical knowledge by experimenting based on the theoretical models. 

Bangladesh having a population of 167 million has around 70% of the entire population connected to the internet mostly via mobile networks. By enabling the use of IoT devices and sensor networks using the large coverage offered by telecom companies, automation in industries like transport, education, and healthcare would catapult us toward the goal of creating a digital nation by 2040. With the introduction of experimental 5G in December 2021, the nation is set to achieve a new dimension in the communication industry by extending its reach to rural areas even further in the next 5 years. My research interest can serve my country to achieve faster growth by enabling the use of sensor-based services not only on urban cities but remote rural locations.

Published inUncategorized