Whither the soul?

Julien Musolino

[ensemblevideo contentid=TKukSY-vSEaTdeKPJCFZug audio=true showcaptions=true displayAnnotations=true displayattachments=true audioPreviewImage=true]

The growth of the cognitive and brain sciences has raised interesting questions about the brain and the mind.  No less, it raises interesting questions about traditional notions of the  soul.  Julien Musolino, professor of Psychology at Rutgers University and the director of its Psycholinguistics Laboratory, is interested in science in the public interest and in communicating scientific ideas to the general public.  He is writing a book on the soul for a general, popular audience which looks at the current scientific evidence for the soul’s existence.  Since I’m the classics, philosophy, and religion librarian – all disciplines that have had a long interest in the soul – I thought it was incumbent upon me to find out the latest on the soul.  Julien Musolino was kind enough to share a copy of his introduction with me and agree to an interview.

Audio Download Link

Audio Embed Code

—Fred Rowland