Global Studies

Advising and Course Offerings

The Global Studies curriculum offers a foundation through a set of four introductory courses, as well as specialization in one of three concentrations: Global Security, Global Economy, and Global Cultures.  The introductory courses will prepare you for the concentrations by studying alternative disciplinary and problem-based approaches to global studies.  Within this general framework, the three concentrations allow the students to identify a specialized program of study drawing from a structured set of concentration-specific requirements and electives, culminating in a research-based and writing-intensive capstone seminar. For details on the curriculum, refer to the university bulletin.

Please note that not all classes available to global studies majors and minors are listed in the bulletin.  Additional elective classes are offered each semester; only those that are offered on a regular basis are listed in the bulletin.  Through our program listserv and my Canvas advising page, I provide lists of the additional courses in advance of the term as well as pre-approved electives for each of the Temple study abroad campuses. If you want to join our listserv or my Canvas advising page, email me!

For more information about the Global Studies Major click here or email me to set up an appointment. You can access my calendar and schedule an appointment directly through my Canvas advising page.

Internship Opportunities

We encourage students to complete an internship as one of their elective credits.  In order to get credit for the internship, students must complete an internship contract and a CLA waiver to enroll in the Global Studies Internship course.

While we do not pair students with internship sites, I maintain a list of internships in the Philadelphia area, in the greater United States, and abroad – to get access to this list contact me or join our Canvas page to see additional resources. You can see a sample of that list and learn about getting credit for your internship here.  If you have other questions about the requirements of getting credit for an internship or having an internship approved for credit, contact me.