About: Artistic Pathogenesis

To start simply, my name is Baron an I’m currently a 5th year Biology student. While I’m passionate about Biology, and more specifically viruses and infections diseases, I have always been avid about art. While they may seem disconnected, I feel that there are many instances where they marry into one another. This page is my own attempt at that.

There is a plethora of highly detailed and antomically accurate illustrations in textbooks, with some artistic liscnese of course, but rarely have I ever seen examples of genuine creative art with anything biology as the subject. Cartoons and satire excluded.

In my undergraduate years I have noticed a gradual decline in my own creativity. Obviously time is a factor, but in reality, I most certainly could find half an hour each day to flex my right-brain thinking and fill this gap I fin in my own character. While I’m at it, I’ve decided to make the subject of this effort to be what has taken up all my left-brain thinking; Biology.

As for the page itself, I chose the title “Artistic Pathogenesis” to represent the infections nature of creativity that I hope to re-establish within myself over time. I’ll aim to keep the theme of this going, hence the introductory post title, with no promises of regularly posting. Maybe that’ll change.

In addition to the blog posts, I’ll be reposting the images of what I make in a separate gallery with a brief description of what they are. Blog posts themselves will contain more detail about what inspired me and what I hopped to capture. For my own posterity, I may occasioanally post some of the scholarly articles that I’ve read which become the basis of my works. In select instances they may elaborate on what the relevance is to biology or they may provide information that aids interpretation.

There’ll be many changes to come.

– Baron