pov: you’re living in Philadelphia for your second semester at college during a global pandemic (2021)

I am from King of Prussia which is about 40 minutes from Philadelphia. Throughout my life, I’ve visited Philadelphia for its museums, food, clothes, and political protests. I spent my first semester of college at home and decided to move back to campus for the spring semester. Spending my first semester at home changed my concept of space the most. My room is where I both studied and slept. My biggest challenge was trying to learn in a place meant for sleeping. Now that I have moved to Philly, I am reminded of all the places I used to go to before the pandemic. I have been using maps to find my way around the city, so I decided to draw out the mental map of everywhere I had been in Philly before Covid-19. All the museums, food, college tours, festivals, protests that I had fond memories of. Currently, everything is surrounded by covid. However, it helps me remember how lively the city can be, and why I wanted to move here in the first place. I tried my best to draw what the buildings look like, as well as their relative location to one another. I also drew places near campus that I have been to recently, which has mostly been the grocery store.

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment