The 2020 application is now open! Submissions are due February 3, 2020. See below for more details and link to application.
The Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creativity (formerly TURF-CreWS) provides ambitious, intellectually motivated undergraduate students the opportunity to present and defend their original research or creative work among peers, faculty, family, and friends. Through its emphasis on original research and creative work, the Symposium seeks to inspire undergraduate students to analyze, critique, and engage with the world around them.
We welcome research or creative work from every discipline. Symposium participation is on a competitive basis.
- Current full-time undergraduates from all Temple schools and colleges.
- Work on the research or creative project must be complete at the time of submission.
- Work must be endorsed by a Temple faculty member.
- Students may submit multiple projects. However, if more than one project is accepted, the student will have to choose which project they will present.
- The Symposium is a celebration of a community of scholars and artists. Presenters are strongly encouraged to attend the full day to support and learn from each other.
How to Apply
Proposals may be submitted by completing the online application below.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Tyler’s Coordinator, Chad Curtis
If you have general questions about the Symposium, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020 Symposium will be held on Thursday, April 2, 2020, 9:30 am – 4:50 pm, in the Howard Gittis Student Center, 2nd floor.
Tentative 2020 Schedule
9:00-9:20 Presenter check-in and continental breakfast
9:30-10:50 Concurrent sessions
11:00-12:20 Concurrent sessions
12:30-1:50 Poster session (Room 200BC)
2:00-3:20 Concurrent sessions
3:30-4:00 Concurrent sessions