The name Transcription is a play on the idea of “transcripts”, so familiar – but also denotes the act of writing and recording information. The Office of the University Registrar blog will introduce the voices and names that you encounter on a daily basis and present information that is both insightful and thoughtful for our readers.
Temple University is a big place, and we thought it might be informative for our readers to understand what goes on in the Office every day. Our office consist of 16 full-time staff members, 4 graduate externs, and 5 student workers. Yes, we are a small office that supports all students (current and former), faculty, and staff across 17 schools and colleges at the University, including Temple University Japan. Our core services include:
- Safeguarding of student records
- Supporting enrollment and registration
- Verifying registration and degree completion
- Fulfilling diploma and transcript requests
- Managing curriculum records
- Managing the opening and closing of terms
- Assisting military populations (including both U.S. veterans and current service members)
- And many other functions
While it is true that the blog provides an avenue of communication to the Office, we hope students understand that this is not the appropriate medium to elicit responses to specific cases concerning enrollment at the University. Whether you are a student, faculty, or a staff member, we are more than happy to assist you through e-mail, phone, and in-person visits.