We encourage you to get involved with the Temple University Postdoctoral Association (TUPA) by joining our Committee, volunteering on a subcommittee, and/or self-nominating for one of the positions outlined below.
Any postdoc at Temple with the title Postdoctoral Fellow, Postdoctoral Fellow Research Associate, or Visiting Scholar is eligible for any of these opportunities.
E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions or are interested in joining!
Why get involved with TUPA?
Contribute your voice and ideas. As TUPA grows, so do our options for what events to host and how to spend our funds to best support postdocs at Temple. Whether you just arrived at Temple or have been here for a few years, we want your input!
Flexibility to spend your time on what you care most about. TUPA is working on many different projects, including (virtual) social events, anti-racism, professional development, community outreach, and more.
Gain valuable, relevant experience. Taking an active role in TUPA looks great on a CV or resume.
Join a diverse, supportive group. As part of the TUPA community you can work with postdocs from departments across Temple. We are always excited to welcome new members!
Details on available roles
(1) Committee members. The TUPA Committee is a group of postdocs who represent all postdocs and advocate for their interests at Temple and in the wider community. The Committee includes elected officers and non-officer postdocs. We currently have 14 positions open for non-officer Committee members.
As a Committee member, you commit to regularly attending monthly business meetings (on average, half of the time). As your interest and availability permit, there are opportunities for Committee members to help on a wide range of projects!
(3) Secretary. Join the leadership team for a one-year term beginning in March 2022. Any postdoc can self-nominate for this position, no experience required! Responsibilities include:
- Create and distribute an agenda for monthly TUPA meetings
- Schedule rooms (or manage Zoom link) for monthly TUPA meetings
- Record minutes at each TUPA meeting
- Work with Presidents and Communications Officer to respond to incoming e-mails
(4) Webmaster. Join the leadership team for a one-year term beginning in March 2022. Any postdoc can self-nominate for this position, no experience required! Responsibilities include:
- Maintain the TUPA website, keeping images, posts and calendars up to date
- Update layout and links to maintain user friendliness, professional image, functionality, etc.
- Improve website aesthetics and functionality for better accessibility
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these opportunities!