Professional Profile

Current Position

I’m the Associate University Librarian at Temple University Libraries, a position I have held since 2006. I’m responsible for all research and instruction services, all access services (circulation/reserve; interlibrary loan; stacks), outreach and communication and collections/acquisitions.

Education

I’m a graduate of Penn’s Graduate School of Education where I earned a Doctorate in Education (Ed.D), in 1997. My dissertation topic was “A Critical Analysis of Strategic Decision Making for Information Technology in Academic Research Libraries,” a study of the decision-making process for the acquisition of large scale information technology at academic institutions – although focusing on the library’s decision process for acquiring a new library management system. Prior to that I earned my MLS at Drexel University, and my undergraduate degree (in American Studies) is from Temple University. 

Teaching

I am currently an adjunct instructor for San Jose State University’s iSchool where I teach a two-credit course in design thinking

Writing/Blogging

I write two monthly columns for Library Journal, “From the Bell Tower”, covering the intersection of academic librarianship and higher education, and “Leading From the Library”, covering leadership issues for library leaders. 

I also maintain a blog called Designing Better Libraries that focuses on the application of design thinking and user experience in libraries.

My CV

You can view either a short or long version of my curriculum vitae:

Summary CV

Full CV