Philadelphia is a foodie’s dream. Whether you’re here for a weekend or staying a while, the city has so many delicious, exciting restaurant options to offer. Here are a few of my favorites. Try some! Who knows, I might even see you there!
- TRY THE BUDINO! If you are a lover of sweets this is the desert for you. Caramel, Oreos, Pudding…OH MY!!! But don’t be fooled, Barbuzzo’s menu is chockfull of so many delicious options. The atmosphere is intimate and inviting and the staff is so friendly. Stop by, have a great meal, and just be sure to save room for dessert. Seriously, you’re not going to want to miss dessert.
- The Love
- Stephen Starr can do no wrong. Find out for yourself here. Located right in the heart of Rittenhouse, The Love provides you with creative cuisine, elegant presentation, and a meal you’ll for sure be telling everyone else about. Both indoor and outdoor seating are available. Great for anniversaries, birthday, or treat-yourself-because-you’re-worth-it meals.
- Bud and Marilyn’s
- Truly something for everyone. Bud and Marilyn’s is one of my favorite places in the city. The decor can be most accurately described as the “best of the 70s” with one of the classiest, vintage bars I’ve ever seen. The fried chicken is to die for, the lemon ricotta pancakes are unparalleled, and the cinnamon buns…well, they’re the size of your head. What’s not to love?
- Mission Taqueria
- Who doesn’t love a good taco? If you were able to answer that question with the name of someone you know, you might want to make some new friends. Mission Taqueria is a perfect spot for taco, nacho, and cocktail lovers of all kinds. The house margarita is divine and the salsa sampler is mouth-watering. But, be ready to wait when you get there. This place is no longer a secret and the whole city shows up to enjoy its dishes daily.
- Dim Sum Garden
- Looking of a delicious, affordable meal? Located in Chinatown, Dim Sum Garden is a hidden gem. Prices are wonderful, food quality is impressive, and the efficiency that this restaurant is operated with is second to none. Don’t worry if there is a line out the door, in 30 minutes (tops) you’ll be seated with a delicious tray of soup dumplings on their way to you!
That’s all for now! Try these places out and let me know what you think! Maybe next post I’ll dedicate solely to desserts…mmmmm!