This website is for graduate students at Temple Physics department who are currently working and/or interested in the field of Nuclear & Particle physics.
We hold regular meetings that aim to boost our knowledge in QCD, bridge the gap between theory and experiment and increase our awareness in what is to come in the field. These meetings are held bi-weekly on Thursdays from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
The details of the meeting are as follows:
- Presentation by a member followed by Q&A to understand the subtleties
- In order to bridge the gap between students in different field (within the realm of nuclear and particle physics), we share what we have learned during the course of our study. This is mainly done by having one member talk about his or her current thesis-related work during the regular meeting.
- Discussion of chapter(s) from Collins book “Foundations of pQCD”
- This is where we aim to boost our overall understanding of QCD. We will have a reading assignment each meeting and go over what we understood or struggled to understand from the text.
- The relevant material(s) can be found here.
- Recapitulation of fundamentals of Particle Physics
- Most importantly, free pizza everyone! (Thanks to the Physics department). Let us know about your dietary restrictions.