For interested graduate students:
Alternatively, prospective students may apply to the Interdisciplinary Program in Decision Neuroscience (IPDN), which is jointly administered by the Fox School of Business and the Department of Psychology. The IPDN option is good for students who wish to do formal lab rotations and keep their options open for a career in Business schools. In contrast to the BCS program, incoming students in the IPDN are not tied to a specific lab at the time of matriculation. Although the Smith Lab is not currently accepting students through the IPDN, the lab could serve as an option for a rotation project.
Not sure about a PhD? Temple also offers a MS in Neuroscience.
For interested undergraduate students:
Although previous research experience is not required, we are looking for undergraduates who meet the following description:
- Dependable, self-motivated, and eager to learn independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in the lab for at least three semesters
- High GPA (minimum 3.5) in psychology, neuroscience, economics, and/or computer science
- Familiarity with working with computers (computer programming is a plus, but not required)
If this sounds like you, please email the laboratory at DVSNEUROECONLAB@gmail.com (subject- “Undergraduate Research Position”) with a completed application (will be posted soon) and copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
For those interested in learning more about the lab:
Check out our lab manual!
825 Weiss Hall
1701 North 13th Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122