Skip to content
Interesting Facts & Travel Advice
- The great pyramid, which is the largest, oldest, and most complex out of the pyramids.
- The great pyramid peaks at 481 feet high and archeologists can conclude for around 3,800 years, it was the tallest structure in the world.
- The sphinx was constructed during the reign of Khafra and is 241 feet tall, nearly half the height of the great pyramid.
- It is still unknown whether the pyramids were built by slaves and prisoners or if workers actually were employed and compensated for their labor.
- When the pyramids were first constructed, each was covered in white limestone which then eroded over the thousands of years.
- Before traveling to Egypt, make sure to research the destination in which you are going to be visiting because many active terrorist groups are present throughout Egypt.
- The laws and the police are extremely different as compared to the United State are all people traveling to Egypt should go with a group and have a designated tour guide.
- Every travel site you research your trip to Egypt will advise to use caution when traveling to Egypt because of all the crimes and terrorist acts that take place every day.
- Make sure to plan your vacation to Egypt with caution but as long as you take the trip as advised by professionals, your trip will be one of the most incredible experiences of your life.