Hello and welcome to my page!

As you already know, my name is Michelle Segletes. I am 24 years old and reside in Philadelphia, PA. I am currently working towards a bachelor’s degree at Temple University, studying Tourism and Hospitality Management. My concentration is Event Leadership, with a minor in general business studies. I enjoy taking part in the hands-on operational aspect of events, specifically.

My interest in the hospitality industry grew as I gained work experience related to the field. My background is primarily retail/customer service, and food service. I have worked in service positions such as retail, food services, and assistant management positions for 6+ years. These experiences have drastically sharpened my ability to communicate with and provide services to an immeasurable diversity of people. My job experiences have also honed my time management, critical thinking, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. From these experiences, I have learned that I enjoy meeting new people and solving new challenges each day. Every day is different in the hospitality world, which suits me well.

On a personal note,  my interests include spending time with family and friends, shopping, fashion, and seeking new experiences.

Educationally, since I was younger I always knew that Temple University would be my top choice. I am proud to be an Owl and so grateful for the opportunities and growth I have found during my time here. Graduation May, 2019! (So close!)

-“A little progress each day adds up to big results.”