What are other Companies doing?
- Monitors the effect of supervisors on worker well-being, especially when supervisors change.
- Conducts ongoing, anonymous surveys to learn about attitudes toward managers, senior executives, and the company as a whole.
- Normalizes discussion of mental health by having senior leadership share personal stories in video messages.
Certified Angus Beef
- Provides free wellness consultations by an on-site clinical psychologist. Employees do not have to take leave to access these services.
- Holds lunchtime learning sessions to reduce stigma about mental health and the services available to employees.
- Offers quarterly guided imagery relaxation sessions to teach stress management strategies.
- Maintains the “InZone,” a dedicated quiet room that is not connected to a wireless internet signal, which gives employees a place to recharge.
- Combines professional and personal growth opportunities through goal-setting, one-on-one coaching, development sessions, and biannual retreats.