How do we imagine and shape the future? Join us this spring as we explore What Comes Next. Whether it be new horizons for academia and our university, research trends in specific disciplines, or the ongoing fight against COVID-19, we’ll come together to look toward the future in our spring Beyond the Page public programming series.
Coming up this spring
- A conversation about period poverty and menstrual inequity on campus and in Philadelphia
- Love Data Week workshops and programs celebrating all things data
- Panel discussion about the future of local and national journalism
- Staff picks from our Special Collections Research Center exhibited in Charles Library
- Author talks hosted by the Charles L. Blockson Afro-American Collection featuring Allen Ballard, Stephany Coakley, and Gabrielle David
- A commemoration of Harriet Tubman’s 200th birthday, including a continuation of the exhibit The Quest for Freedom and Dignity: Celebrating William Still and Harriet Tubman through June 2022 at the Blockson Collection
- A symposium about the intersection of digital humanities and Afrofuturism, where we’ll speculate about the future of cultural heritage preservation
- Lunchtime book club discussions
- And more!
Wondering if an event is designed for you? Our programs are geared toward a general audience and are open to all, including Temple students, faculty, staff, alumni, neighbors, and friends. Registration is encouraged.
There’s more… specialized workshops
In addition to our event series, the Libraries host specialized workshops on everything from organizing your digital photos to writing a data management plan. Workshop presenters have expertise in the areas they cover, and sessions range from a half hour long to a few hours depending on the topics covered. All skill levels are welcome to participate in our workshop sessions. Registration is required. See the full lineup at library.temple.edu/workshops.
Keep in touch
Have ideas for future programs? Let us know!
We hope to see you this spring!
– the Libraries programming team